Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Left My Heart at the Beach (Again!!!)

Howdy!

I thought I was back on a roll with blogging and I guess I wasn't (since it's been at least 6 weeks since I've posted anything).  But I am vowing to get going again.  

And what better way to start off than with a another trip to the best beach cottage in the world.  Yes, all of the Sweet Bee Family spent another week at the beach in a small town on the central California coast.  And we get to go back next year too!!! 

Last year I showed you the main floor and the exterior.  Today I'm going to show you the upstairs loft where Sewing Bee (my mom) and Baby Bee (daughter) and Reader Bee (niece) and Cutter Bee (other niece) get to sleep.  

I'm pretty sure the second floor/loft was not original to the house.  You reach it by climbing up a narrow little staircase (not even room for a rail) and, right at the top of the stairs are…

And then you turn around and there's another bed…


I also spied this little lady…

I cannot resist a girl with a curved apron – and aqua knobs! (Does that just sound wrong?)

The family read and walked and ate and played and read and read and read some more.





 (Took these pics while we were driving - I wasn't driving, just passenging - and we loved how the fog just hugged the rock - Morro Rock that is, California's own Gibraltar.)
It was just a fabulous week.  

Came back here to 100ยบ+ temperatures and not much motivation to get things done.  But today…yes today…I plan to clean out our entry way closet.  Maybe if I'm brave I'll even blog about that too.  The last time I did it was about 5 years ago and in the process, I backed up into a drawer I'd pulled out to clean and fell hard.  Broke the drawer.  Just about broke me too.  So wish me luck!  Or, better yet, pray I don't do that again.

Thanks for hangin' in there with me!  Hope it cools down  a bit so I can get outside and do some painting.  

I have been doing LOTS of reading!  I'll have to share some of my favorite ones with you.

Buzzingly,

3 comments:

  1. I would not have been able to leave this charming place! Sounds like it was the perfect vaca.....rest, relaxation, reading and eating!! (Your blog pace is about like mine and I'll be more regular, too...after the move)
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Morro Bay,,, I am headed there in Sunday, there is no lovelier place. What a beautiful place you stayed in. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming place to relax!!!! LOVE that area!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.