Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Step 1 (and a Teensy Bit of Step 2 Too)

Here's the first little project to send my little cottage to the beach.

When we were at the little beach cottage a couple of weeks ago, there was the cutest little dresser in the master bedroom.  (It was built into the wall, which I loved, but that just won't work at our house.)

Now.  Was I a good blogger and take a picture of it?  Of course not, so you'll just have to take my word for how adorable and beachy it was.

Here's what we started with…

And this is what we have now…

Simple.  The little dresser at the REAL beach house was pine and had a different knob on each drawer.  They were all in colors of blue, green, and yellow.   This is an end table in our living room/family room that started off as a nightstand in our bedroom but I'm of the "Anti-Matching Nightstand School" (yeah, there's night school for it and everything - I'll show you my diploma some day).

Wanna' know what we keep in there?
We keep our DVDs in there!  Please note the slight addiction Worker Bee has for The Simpsons.  (And he converted Baby Bee too!)

So Step 1 is complete.  Yeah, I know.  Too easy.  But, hey.  It's a start, right?  Weather is supposed to cool down a bit later this week so maybe…finally…..I'll get some painting done!  But no promises.

Oh and here's a tiny bit of Step 2 too.  

Found the perfect fabric for welting on our white denim slipcovered wing chairs in the "library."  
Currently they have a mustard/barn red gingham check for the welting, but we're replacing that with this…
Isn't it gorgeous?  And only $8 a yard for decorator fabric!  


Well, Baby Bee has a friend buzzing over for the night, so I better get dinner ready….yeah…ha…..calling out for pizza!  I know how to make those teenage girls happy!   

P.S.  And you'll never guess where I got the knobs.  No you won't.  Okay, you're right.  I found them at World Market.  (aka the "Bad Place")  Don't judge me.

P.P.S.  Linking up with….
Share Your Cup
&
Tweak it Tuesday
&
Show and Tell Friday

7 comments:

  1. I like your projects. Also, the "Bee" pillow on the chair got my attention. Love it. Is your header new? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dreaming of a beach cottage like crazy lately! Your IG pics were beautiful so I can see why you want to bring some it home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beechy look! One of my favorite places for a quick getaway is Morro Bay! I need to do a little makeover at my house too... I guess I need to keep an eye on what you are doing! I love the accessories from WM you bought too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I had to post as anonymous... google wouldn't let me comment.
    pinkpincushion@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knobs change the look completely, so cute! I think the new fabric for welting will look gorgeous, can't wait to see it:>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beachy end table is so cute with addition of the new unmatching knobs. ( I am in total agreement about non-matching furniture, too. We are putting our formal, sold cherry bedroom set in a guest room in our new place and I think we're doing our bedroom in some Ikea and some repurposed, painted pieces) I'm sure if I had a WM near me, I would be there a lot, too. I do have Hobby Lobby here but I won't have it in Delaware. Oh well.
    The welting fabric is great...can't wait to see the finished project!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the mismatched knobs! Simple, but stunning! The new fabric is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see! So happy to have you share with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.