Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Guest Room/Future Craft Studio

Worker Bee and I have been talking.  That's a good thing.

We have a guest room that has also been functioning as a part-time crafts studio.  I love the room, but it doesn't quite function completely as either room.  

So, Worker Bee and I have been talking.  Okay, I might have been doing most of the talking but he nodded in agreement.  

We are going to turn the guest room into a full time craft studio!  YIPPEE!
And if you can't find it in a store, you can find it in this etsy shop.

I am so glad I picked up a copy of this magazine 'cause it has provided some SERIOUS inspiration.

In particular, this little work table set up is perfect for my little room.
It will involve a road trip to Ikea.  

This studio used this set of drawers from Ikea…
a hollow core door…….
and a trestle from Ikea.

And hopefully I'll be able to pick up one of these there too….

 And I have to get one of these from Harbor Freight.

And, of course, here are a few more images of studio inspiration….



All images from my Pinterest board: For the "Studio"


The project will get underway during our Spring Break.  That is if I can talk Worker Bee into that road trip.  There might have to be some serious bribery involved.  
Serious bribery.  

Do you have any suggestions or idea for my new studio?

Thanks for buzzing in!

5 comments:

  1. You will have so much fun creating this space! I have the Alex drawers from Ikea and love them! The cart is awesome, too! Some day I'll post some pictures of my craft room in our new home...I'm still tweaking. Can't wait to see what you finally decide to do. (That magazine is a wealth of information)
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be super fun to put together, and super fun to play in. My one suggestion is to have a black out blind for the window when you are not in the room. I was surprised that some things faded, even though my room only has morning sun. Enjoy! And, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love a road trip to IKEA and it is good to have a plan before you get there LOL. Isn't Pinterest wonderful for exploring decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have contemplated turning our guest room into a craft room, too! Can't wait to see what you do. Not sure what I would do with any overnight guests, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got that magazine too! It's full of good ideas and I keep flipping through it and dreaming :>) Have fun making the room your own, I look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.