Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Glorious Junk Days

Over Memorial Day weekend, I met up with the ever so talented More Creative Bee to start planning our fair tables and trees and whatnot.

Lucky for us….Glorious Junk Days was just a few blocks away from where we always do our planning (it's always Panera Bread - great inspiration spot) and I just have to share with you one of the best finds ever!

Nah!  It's not this great bread box! (Although I DO love it.  Twice the size of my old one from World Market – of course – and it's a fun beachy blue.)  I'm pretty sure this is not vintage, although it's got that great vintage style.

What I did find and what I wish I'd splurged on are these whimsical (you know I such a sucker for whimsy) and quirky (seriously, quirky too? how can I possibly resist - I even named my iPod Quirky Tunes) ROBOTS!

I KNOW!  
Of all things….ROBOTS!

But seriously, you guys are going to be charmed by these too. 
(And maybe a bit creeped out by a few too - I was so fascinated by them.  I hung out at the booth for quite awhile, but I WAS NOT acting creepy.)
You know you're charmed, right?  Who can resist a strawberry robot?
I loved the colors on this one and the biscuit tin!
Can you see the kitty and its mouse?  I mean c'mon!  Robots that amuse you! I love folk art that just charms you!
I was really drawn to this one - you know how Worker Bee and I love globes.  (Okay, it might be me that loves globes, but Worker Bee needs a collection and I need an excuse to buy globes!)
And this interesting one was the one I couldn't take my eyes off of.  I like it and then I'm creeped out a bit by it and then I like it again!

So.
Do you want to know where you can find such fun and funky and whimsical and quirky treasures for yourself?

Well, you can go here…

or
you can find their etsy store here…

or
you can find some of their creations here on…..

And, by the way…it's been a pretty stressful school year.  But….it's almost over!  I hope to visit with you a bit more now that there's only 7 more days of school!!! (Can I hear an alleluia?)

Thanks for buzzin' in!

3 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! Some people are so smart and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I love the strawberry one, the globe pair, and that little Ritz cracker guy. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALLELULIA to the end of the school year being within sight! Love these robots! I've never seen anything quite like them but they are oh, so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for buzzing by and taking time to leave me a little note. I always enjoy hearing from my friends.